Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
Digit Scrapbookers! EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
Digit Scrapbookers! EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
Digit Scrapbookers! EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
Digit Scrapbookers! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
Digit Scrapbookers! EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
Digit Scrapbookers! EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
Digit Scrapbookers! EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Digit Scrapbookers! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
Digit Scrapbookers! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
Digit Scrapbookers! EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

Digit Scrapbookers!

+3
pickleberrypop
Tracy
Vicki
7 posters

Go down

Digit Scrapbookers! Empty Digit Scrapbookers!

Post by Vicki Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:26 pm

How many of us out there want to know more about digital scrapbooking or how many of us here ARE digital scrapbookers...i can certainly see the benefits...no mess to clean up!! Smile

Vicki

http://scrapbookingtop50.com.au

Back to top Go down

Digit Scrapbookers! Empty Re: Digit Scrapbookers!

Post by Tracy Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:17 pm

I am not a digi scrapper but I would like to have a go at it but I don't know how or where to start.
Tracy
Tracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:56 am

I am the same way Tracy...am hoping to get something started here in the coming weeks! Stay tuned...

I just find that whole side of scrapbooking fascinating!

Vicki

http://scrapbookingtop50.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by pickleberrypop Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:00 pm

Hey everyone, I'm Annette, the owner of Pickleberrypop, an Australian-owned digi scrap site (I'm from Melbourne).

We will be sponsoring a digi challenge here in a few months time!

In the meantime, if you would like to get started with digital scrapbooking but aren't sure where to start, you are welcome to come and download our FREE startup pack. It contains fact sheets with information on various topics, a tutorial written in various software programs on how to create your very first digital layout, a free mini-kit, and a discount coupon.

You can find the startup pack here: http://www.pickleberrypop.com/startuppack.htm

Last edited by pickleberrypop on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made it a hyperlink)
pickleberrypop
pickleberrypop

http://www.pickleberrypop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mina Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:09 pm

If the thought of diving into digital is overwhelming or scary, paper scrappers could start out with printables they can cut and stick to page layouts, or printable clipart. Make sure that what you get is 'printable' because they will look a lot better than 'screen images' that have a smaller file size and will look blurry. Printables are a great resource - many are free and of high quality. DigiScrappers call this cut & paste kind of thing 'Hybrid Scrapbooking'.

High quality, free digital scrapbook graphics are EXTREMELY plentiful & diverse. There's no need to buy anything while you are learning.

There is free software, graphic programs that will handle scrapbook files. There is heaps of free info in scrapland too.

Alot of digiscrappers make 8" x 8" layouts so they can print at home.

Alot of digiscrappers make 6" x 4" layouts so they can print from kiosks. Here in NZ - I can get prints for 12c NZ a piece. I make a cover and get them wire bound with a transparent plastic cover to keep the 'Brag Book/Album' clean and a cardboard backpiece for strength/durability.

Right now, you can get 12x12 prints online for US $0.99 plus shipping, but there always seem to be sales and deals going on all the time.

I get mine done at a local print place (NZ).

mina

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkKittyGurl Sat May 09, 2009 8:28 am

I love both scrapbooking - digital and paper, both have so many benefits. Smile
PinkKittyGurl
PinkKittyGurl

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappydi Sun May 10, 2009 3:04 pm

I've recently converted to digi, after being a paper scrapper for over 9 years. I absolutely love it. It is quick, and as Victoria said...no mess to clean up! And even with printing costs, it's so much cheaper than traditional scrapping. And I love the freedom that digi offers. And the fact that it is so 'instant'. If I feel like scrapping, I can download what I want to use, and use it NOW! And if the colour of an element isn't quit right...don't worry...you just change it. LOL!

Pickleberrypop was the first digi place I visited. I can certainly say there's a wealth of information there. And the girls in the forum are very helpful. And there are lots of freebies, so that you can give it a try and see how you go.

I you dabble a bit, and decide you like it, Jessica Sprague has some awesome classes that will take you from the basics to advanced techniques. I can thoroughly recommend them. I've done them all. LOL!

I'll still be a traditional paper scrapper, but digi has opened up a whole new world that I'm enjoying being a part of.
scrappydi
scrappydi

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapznbitz Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:04 pm

Actually Di, with loving both scrapping mediums, you would probably love hybrid scrapping too where you combine both.

Digital is great, quick, no mess, no fuss, but there is also something to be said for getting down and dirty amid the glue and glitter too.

Scrapznbitz

http://www.scrapznbitz.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down