Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
Jamie Oliver Meals EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
Jamie Oliver Meals EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
Jamie Oliver Meals EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
Jamie Oliver Meals EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
Jamie Oliver Meals EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
Jamie Oliver Meals EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
Jamie Oliver Meals EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jamie Oliver Meals EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
Jamie Oliver Meals EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
Jamie Oliver Meals EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

Jamie Oliver Meals

3 posters

Go down

Jamie Oliver Meals Empty Jamie Oliver Meals

Post by mumofheidi Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:20 am

Who is on the Jamie Oliver Meals from Woolworths band wagon? lol We have tried a couple of his meals (located in the meat section and also the frozen section). They have been quite yummy and full of flavour. I also find that they go overboard with stocking them so they tend to always have some in the reduced section so I grab them and freeze them. Our favourites are the crispy Parmesan and tomato smashing chicken fillets and the wagyu meatballs. I also like how they are basically ready to go meals, so they are quick and easy to cook. Tell me your thoughts?!
mumofheidi
mumofheidi

Back to top Go down

Jamie Oliver Meals Empty Re: Jamie Oliver Meals

Post by Chloe Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:42 am

Wow, I haven't paid much attention to them to be honest! That's great they are yummy!
I shop fortnightly and tend to race around stocking up the trolley with the tried and true!! LOL
I have recently got a bellini too .. and am LOVING it!!
Chloe
Chloe

Back to top Go down

Post by mumofheidi Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:04 pm

are they as great as everyone says they are those Bellinis Chloe? I don't understand the thermomix things, but apparently the thermomix brand is getting scathing reviews at the moment! ouch! Tell me what you like using your Bellini for?
mumofheidi
mumofheidi

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloe Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:44 pm

I LOVE my bellini! Was a little sceptical at first, but I was getting it 2nd hand from a friend (who was upgrading to a thermie) ... so thought I'd give it a go.
firstly, I mainly made sweet stuff ... cakes .. muffins ... cupcakes ... etc ... really quick and simple.
Then I got brave and did some meals and it's awesome for meals! Super quick and easy - just throw the stuff in a set the dials! yummy too!! only like, 20mins from start to finish)
I've made meals like:
chicken noodle soup
chicken chou mein
savoury muffins (for a quick small meal)
potato and leek soup
coleslaw
risottos
devilled sausages are next on my list!

I also love that there seems to be endless recipes ... so not stuck for ideas!
Chloe
Chloe

Back to top Go down

Post by mumofheidi Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:42 am

so it does things that are mixed together? how interesting! who comes up with these ideas?!
mumofheidi
mumofheidi

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloe Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:11 am

I know, right! It's an awesome invention anyway Very Happy
I think the beauty of it appeals to both people who love cooking/baking and to people (like me) who don't like it so much ... it makes the whole process much quicker and easier! To the point where now, I'd rather make a cake than buy one!
Chloe
Chloe

Back to top Go down

Post by vickstar Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:46 am

I shop at Coles, so haven't seen the J.O. meals. I don't tend to buy ready meals anyway tho, as my hubby is a meat and veg (read MASHED POTATO) every meal type of person. He doesn't always get it his way tho! lol!

I also have a Bellini. I don't use it nearly as much as i could, as i don't have space to leave it sitting on the bench all the time, so tend to forget to drag it out of the cupboard unless i am wanting to make a big cake/muffin/bickies for the freezer cook up. I don't really like to bake - too messy and just can't be bothered - so the Bellini is great for that cos you just throw it all in together. We have also discovered a love for risotto which i had never made prior to having the Bellini! I need to get adventurous and start planning our meals, so i can actually use it to it's full potential! Smile
vickstar
vickstar

http://scrappinvickstar.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mumofheidi Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:40 pm

loving this discussion- that is where my problem lies in that I don't have much bench or cupboard space for a machine, and nor could I make and freeze things as our stuff just fits in the freezer as it is. We used to have an additional freezer but we got rid of it because we just weren't using enough to warrant paying for the electricity to run it! I do love risotto!!
Chloe I also like the idea for those who don't like cooking- because that is me! So over preparing meals, I don't even enjoy eating things I make now because I just hate getting in the kitchen. If I was single and without kids I would happily have a toasted sandwich every night lol.
mumofheidi
mumofheidi

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloe Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Oh me, too, Kate! Planning and cooking meals is NOT my favourite thing ...
I agree, Vicki, if I had to put my Bellini away every time, it would certainly mean it would stay there and I wouldn't use it as much!

Chloe
Chloe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum