Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
The best type of glue? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
The best type of glue? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
The best type of glue? EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
The best type of glue? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
The best type of glue? EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
The best type of glue? EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
The best type of glue? EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The best type of glue? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
The best type of glue? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
The best type of glue? EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

The best type of glue?

+5
Soupie
Tamara
Becci
sarah
scrappyKaz
9 posters

Go down

The best type of glue? Empty The best type of glue?

Post by scrappyKaz Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:47 pm

Currently I am using cre8tiv Crafty Glue Stick and sometimes cre8tiv Multi-grip Paper Glue (the runny clear glue that goes everywhere if you're not careful).

I tried another craft glue, cheap brand from Go-Lo (I'm on a budget) and it became so thick after a few weeks I couldn't squeeze any more of it out.

Anyone here use those glue dots things? With the little roller applicator? I found one at Go-Lo, it was only 30 cents instead of the usual $2 and I think maybe they knew it wouldn't work!
The glue dots don't have any stick and hence did not stick my photos to the paper.

I have used photo mount stickers too, not bad but you go through them so fast.

I am hoping everything will stay stuck, with the glue stick you really have to apply right up til the edges or the corners will stick up.

Thanks for any tips Thank You

scrappyKaz

Back to top Go down

The best type of glue? Empty Re: The best type of glue?

Post by sarah Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:20 pm

Have you tried using double sided tape? That is what I use for paper, cardstock, photos and some light weight embellishments.

For heavier things I use helmar's glue or scrap dots. And for things I want to stand out from the page I use any brand of rolls of 3d foam tape.

I haven't used roller applicators of adhesive before. I find double sided tape to be quite economical and easy to find in shops so I use that.
sarah
sarah

http://www.scrapbookhabit.blogspot.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Becci Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:40 pm

I used double sided tape for most things too. I do have a roller but they are so much more expensive than just DST. Some layouts I'd use a whole roller!

As for glue I use the Helmars acid free stuff too (it's like pva but acid free) it's only about $3 a bottle at the cheap shop. I have also just come across the Helmars 450 gel glue there too, smaller bottle for $4 but I like it for glueing embellishments etc
Becci
Becci

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:28 pm

I use double sided tape too, when I first started I used glue sticks and photo dot corners, but as you said - you go through them so quickly.

For sticking down embellishments, I use some scrap dots - I used to use sellotape brand, but I can't seem to find them anywhere, and someone mentioned that you can usually pick up a box at the cheapie shop for like $2, and I tried them, and they are just as good, if not better. They are "smart Kraft' brand.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupie Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:38 pm

I agree - double-sided tape is the way to go for most things. I just use Sellotape brand I get from my local shop and it's pretty economical. (I'm on a tight budget too.)

For heavy embellishments, I use Dimensional Magic and although the initial outlay might be a bit overwhelming on a budget, I think it's well worth it as a little goes a looooong way. You only need tiny drops to hold things in place and it sets quickly.

For mounting things I use foam mounting tape I get from Kmart or the cheap shop - $2 a roll, you can't beat that!

In terms of glues to avoid, I would recommend you steer clear of Pritt all purpose glue. The one that is out now is a new formula and quite frankly, it SUX! Wink (I should naver have strayed from Dimensional Magic...LOL)

HTH Very Happy
Soupie
Soupie

http://soupie75.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by robjud Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:38 am

Soupie wrote:In terms of glues to avoid, I would recommend you steer clear of Pritt all purpose glue. The one that is out now is a new formula and quite frankly, it SUX!

I agree. I used to love the old formula but the new one takes longer to dry and doesn't stick as well. I used Helmer's acid free glue for chipboard etc and thiink I'll have to go back to using DM for other embellishments.
robjud
robjud

http://judith-pagesofmemories.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:40 am

I am like everyone else here...I use double sided tape for nearly everything and DM for my heavier stuff.

redant
redant

http://redantscrap.blogspot.com  http://tramenglish.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by retta Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:40 pm

Yup double sided tape here too for most things and either craft glue or dm for heavier stuff. sort of depends which i can get out the box first atm as nearly everything is still in boxes!
retta
retta

Back to top Go down

Post by armonies great gram Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:51 pm

I use double sided tape for most things. I also use cheap glue sticks for lighter items or anything with an edge that wont stay down. I use glue dots for heavy ribbons or small heavy items like gems without a sticky back or even buttons. Glue dots are great for adding some texture as well.
armonies great gram
armonies great gram

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappyKaz Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:57 pm

Thanks for all the tips, I'll be glue and tape shopping soon!

scrappyKaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down