Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
Help with a by the age of 30 theme EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
Help with a by the age of 30 theme EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
Help with a by the age of 30 theme EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
Help with a by the age of 30 theme EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
Help with a by the age of 30 theme EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
Help with a by the age of 30 theme EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
Help with a by the age of 30 theme EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Help with a by the age of 30 theme EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
Help with a by the age of 30 theme EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
Help with a by the age of 30 theme EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

Help with a by the age of 30 theme

3 posters

Go down

Help with a by the age of 30 theme Empty Help with a by the age of 30 theme

Post by AuraScrap Wed May 05, 2010 1:29 pm

I was looking through an old scrapbooking memories mag last night that had a LO on an age theme (40 year old). As I'm turning 30 *shudder* Help with a by the age of 30 theme Icon_surprised Help with a by the age of 30 theme Icon_sad next month I want to do a LO on that but am stuck on the what I have done by the time I turned 30 bits like I've been to Uni ..........been on rollercoasters, got my licence after however many attempts that type of thing but I'm not sure I can list until 30 I guess it depends on what I think is "boring" maybe & it would actually be a good idea to put it in? Have I confused anyone yet Help with a by the age of 30 theme Icon_eek
AuraScrap
AuraScrap

Back to top Go down

Help with a by the age of 30 theme Empty Re: Help with a by the age of 30 theme

Post by redant Wed May 05, 2010 1:54 pm

Does it matter if it is what other people consider boring? I did alot by the time I was 30, and have done a whole bunch more in the past 9 years and even though some of it would be considered 'boring', it is a huge part of who I am.

Some examples of what I might include are: I have made some amazing new and life long friends; I took up scrapbooking; I started a blog; I bought a new house; I am building a new house; I had children; I breast fed one of them successfully (the other not so successfully); I changed jobs; I met and married the man of my dreams; my Mum and sisters became some of my VERY best friends; I drove a boat; I absailed; I didn't get every job I went for; I cried when my FIL died; I laughed when my kids made jokes and funny faces; I stressed when my son walked to the shop for the first time on his own; I clapped and sung along at many school concerts and even though he was not the best on stage - I was so proud of him; I was scared beyond belief when I had to take my child to the Royal Childrens Hospital the very first time; When I watched the movie 'How to loose a Guy in 10 days' I nearly peed myself laughing.

I could go on, but I am sure that you get the idea. Actually - I enjoyed writing all of this so much that I might actually do a similar LO....hope that is OK with you. Help with a by the age of 30 theme Icon_biggrin
redant
redant

http://redantscrap.blogspot.com  http://tramenglish.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AuraScrap Wed May 05, 2010 3:37 pm

That is more than ok with me hun Help with a by the age of 30 theme Icon_biggrin - all of yours were really quite interesting & would never have thought of! You're a life saver!
AuraScrap
AuraScrap

Back to top Go down

Post by retta Wed May 05, 2010 7:35 pm

I didnt actually think of doing something like that! Sounds interesting. Ant you have been a busy bee havent you! Help with a by the age of 30 theme Icon_biggrin I have done not quite as much but getting there!
retta
retta

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Wed May 05, 2010 7:54 pm

retta wrote:I didnt actually think of doing something like that! Sounds interesting. Ant you have been a busy bee havent you! Help with a by the age of 30 theme Icon_biggrin I have done not quite as much but getting there!

I think we all do so much more than we give ourselves credit for. Notice I didn't put the big things in like Uni, moving countries and all that. I think even though these things are a huge part of our lives they are only part of what makes us who we are, it is the little things and the way we feel about things that really makes us us. Iykwim.

Aura, you could say that you survived a painful tooth abcess and lost a tooth - but still manged to smile through it; that you loved spoiling your Mum for her 50th birthday; you learnt from your job that some people just have no respect for others or other peoples property etc.

Retta - you could say that you became a stronger person because you live through and and cope with depression; you were privilliged enough to taste a REAL homemade Italian pasta sauce (& on homemade gnocchi too boot); you got to see your beautiful baby boy before he was born and were lucky enough to have a loving and supportive partner beside you, etc.

I guess what I am trying to say is part of the reason I scrap is because I want to show future generations what I was like - and what I was 'really' like. I think if we are really honest and look at how we deal with things and how we feel about things, and share not just all the 'good' things in life, we realise that we really are amazing and wonderful people with sooooo much to share and so much to teach and that, in essence - we are all really VERY interesting people with stories to tell.
redant
redant

http://redantscrap.blogspot.com  http://tramenglish.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AuraScrap Sat May 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Wow I love what you listed about me Anthea Help with a by the age of 30 theme 301489 I'm going to add those things thankyou!
AuraScrap
AuraScrap

Back to top Go down

Post by retta Sat May 15, 2010 8:08 pm

Ant you are an inspiration!! Those are things that I rarely think about, except the supportive partner! Help with a by the age of 30 theme Icon_biggrin
retta
retta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down